Saturday, August 16, 2014

16th August minutes

Attendees:
Mira
Barbie
r0bin
lu
Alula


Mira
Shall we start our little meeting?
Alula
yes
Barbie
yes
Mira
I thought it might be a good idea to review what we've organised so far and see where any 'holes' might be. Tera contacted me during the week and said she was a little overwhelmed and anxious with her new responsibilities of advertising events on SL Search and promoting our talks etc.
Barbie
yes she told me. I was talking to her.
Mira
So I told her just to do what she feels comfortable with, but I don't know what that is at the moment. Now ... Yes?
Barbie
and i would like to make up board with regular events and place it few places around sl
Mira
Oh fantastic! Oh ....actually, we have a sign at Kuula, which is one of the main sims for New Citizens Inc. I might be able to add it to that
Barbie
is it the one you showed me?
Mira
I've been paying I think 250 lindens for a month to advertise there. Yeah! The thing with advertising at NCI is that it's mostly newbies who go there, so we want to try and 'broaden' where we advertise I think, not just to newbies
Barbie
yes
Mira
It would be good to promote ourselves at other art sites and music venues
Barbie
thats what i had in mind
Mira
I don't think we need to do much. Sandia's piano concert was full
Barbie
we could ask strix where to
Mira
Yeah, great idea. Also, we had some run over ....
Barbie
yes it was great
Mira
Sandia was having such a great time that she went 45 minutes over, but she didn't realise that DD was waiting in the wings to play as well. That was a bit awkward, because I think Sandia felt embarrassed at going over when someone else was waiting to play; and DD was a bit miffed because she had prepared some musical pieces and had her time cut short
Barbie
and it interfered with story teling
Mira
and yes, Lyle's audience couldn't get in because the sim was full from the music event.
Alula
teething troubles
Mira
So having that one hour break between Sandia's piano concert and Lyle's concert is a good idea,so that if Sandia does want to go over, she can. But we need at least 15 minutes for Lyle's group to be able to get in
Barbie
but lyle meved hs time
Mira
Yes, he got his audience in one person at a time lol. As soon as someone from the concert left, he tp'd in another story teller. Now Barbie ... with your sign: is it possible to have the promo for the art exhibition and the calendar of events on a slide show? So we have just one sign at the Candle Circle?
Barbie
i think i can do that
Mira
It can be on a one minute interval. I have a Freeview slide show script, if you need it.
Barbie
just have to add the script
Mira
Have you got one?
Barbie
i have it
Mira
Oh, okay. I just gave it to everyone anyway. Freeview lets you change the timing. I was just saying that we don't need a lot of publicity because it doesn't take much for us to be at 20 people and that’s our limit
lu
no, probably not
Mira
I'm finding it hard to keep things in my head at the moment ... too much else rattling around in there. lol
lu
me too
Mira
Sooooooo .... I'll check with Tera as to how much she is comfortable doing with sending out notices, promoting us on SL Search etc. and then, depending on what she says, see if we can find someone else who can keep an eye on what events need to be promoted and what events are 'taking care of themselves' For instance, Lyle sends out notices to 20 groups! so he's well taken care of. So perhaps we need someone who is in contact with everyone who does an event here to see who needs help, and who doesn't.
Barbie
event co-ordinator
lu
as far as I know there's the piano & strix which are taken care of and Lyle. The dance party is well attended so maybe we don’t need too much advertising, like, or any
Mira
Yeah! Exactly and Bertram ticks along but it would be good to have somone just keeping an eye on how things are going and offer support to those who are doing something just in case they feel 'burdened'
lu
 yea, someone who is on a lot when events are. I tend to miss a lot because they're not at a good time for me
Barbie
and we are getting more traffic in the blog
Mira
Oh good and I had a couple of people watning to join our Facebook page too
Barbie
good
Mira
 so all in all, I think the 'energy' for Paradise Artist Colony is good.
Barbie
yes i think so too
Mira
As far as I know, Messy still has lots of people lined up for exbibitions and Barbie has come up with a good idea to get people involved in taking photos here. Want to tell everyone about that Barbie?
Barbie
i put these notecards in the easels and a notice in the blog as well
Mira
I think it's a great idea
Alula
nice idea
lu
it is
Mira
I took some photos last night down at the canoe jetty but need to go through them to pick out a good one. It’s fun playing around with water and sky settings.
Barbie
trying to get people involved
lu
you think you took a good one, Mira? :P
Mira
I hope so! lol I think another priority we have is encouraging new membership. We seem to be a bit static with that. Strix is talking about doing some talks on the Tao de Ching when the summer is over I think.As far as membership goes, it would be really great if we could all try and bring in one new person. Just someone who is interesting ... lol
lu
I really don't know any people Mira... :(
Mira
Well, in the past, I've pretty much just stuck to the island, but I do need to broaden my horizons. Maybe that will be my job? Recruiting? Gathering up interesting people. it's good to have someone here on the island, so that it anyone does visit, there is someone here so I've always made that my priority ... just being here but I think we have more members now who are out and about
Barbie
i do spend some time here
Mira
Are you happy doing that Barbie?
Barbie
i don't mind
r0bin
I tend to pop in when I have time, but that’s been a problem recently
Mira
Well, we can't have you feeling lonely either. Robin ... I don't know you very well. What are your interests, and what kind of involvement are you looking for here?
r0bin
well I am a photographer. I do exhibitions outdoors mainly in the winter when itscold and dark in rl
Mira
Has Messy been in touch with you about having an exhibition here?
r0bin
in the summer I tend to be out in rl. we have spoken but I havent anything concrete yet
Mira
I know in September, we have Alma doing an exhibition

r0bin Helsinki: I could have something for end Oct, or Nov

No comments :

Post a Comment