Saturday, August 9, 2014

9th August Minutes

Attendees: Strix, Mira, Lu, Tera, Zen, Sherman, Dolay

Apologies: Barbie


Overview

We are all in charge of recruitment.
Tera is going to help get events listed on SL Search and is now in charge of promotions.
Stories of how people came to PAC will be listed for core members on the Blog Members page.


Detailed Minutes

Mira
Okay, is everyone 'here' and ready to start?
Strix
Sure
Tera
Yes :)

Mira
Well, we have dealt with our 'Statement of Purpose'
and whether we want to have an 'application process'.
So, I thought today, we might have a bit of a talk about recruitment, and promotion/marketing of the group.
Strix
That’s good
Mira
Lu is taking care of ADMIN stuff and Tera has just come on board and offered to look after publicity and promotion / marketing and Barbie is taking care of the blog and being official photographer
Strix
 And i am hecking music things
Mira
but I think 'recruitment' should be something that we all have as somethig that we do.
Strix
yes

lu
are there many new members this week?
Mira
Yes ... two! They were at Lyle and Chraeloos' story telling session. New members are GreatScott McMillan and his wife, Colleen McMillan and Uns Mistwalker
lu
awesome :) I'll add them to the list

Mira
 What ideas do people have for recruitment, to actively promote ourselves?
Zen
How many more people do you want?
Place might get crowded.
Strix
What sort of people do we want to recruit, is a definition possible?
Tera
How many Sims are here?
Mira
It's just one sim, so the maximum number of people we can have here is 20
Tera
it seems very large
Strix
I think we should be a bit picky
Tera
Kind loving people...
lu
damn Tera, I'll be out then! :P
Zen
me too heheh
Tera
ah.. Lu you are at least kind to me so far

Mira
Well, perhaps what we need is a 'core group' of maximum 20 people?
Strix
Sounds a good idea
Mira
We now have a membership in Paradise Artist Colony of 31 people. Ideally we need a good 'spread' of talents and abilities and skills and temperments
Strix
What ability do we lack?
Mira
We don't have anyone focused on 'literature'
lu
the ability to choose abilities
Strix
That is some setback - I know one to ask but she is busy often
Tera
Lyle likes Literature
Mira
Well, I don't know whether he has the time/energy/inclination to actually take on a role here
I know that he wants to support whatever we are doing
Tera
possibly Lyle is not into literature in a very broad sense though


lu
who are the core members in your mind at the moment Mira?
Mira
Well Zen, Sunshine and Strix have been doing music here for a long time. Messy and Barbie take care of the 'artistic' side of painting, photography, artistic expression. Lu, Tera and I focus on admin / promotional things. Bertram has been doing his meditation for years. Have I missed anyone? Sherman used to take care of 'security'
Strix
Have been working asme time as meditations for some time
Mira
Strix, I'm keen to see you do something 'spiritual' here
Strix
I will ask a philosopher
Zen
I have an MA Philosophy :)
Strix
I plan of Tao discussions in the autumn
Tera
I would love to lead a meditation
Mira
Yeah Tera?
Zen
I like Taoism but have Nonduality perspective
Strix
I am not a master of it but holding a discussion in it I have a lil experience on
Mira
Well, if we could have some Tao and another meditation, that would be great
Zen
I got tired of philosophy: never go to metings now. Just talking and debating endlessly
Mira
Well, some kind of discussion would be good ... but not as "high falutin'" as Rhiannnon's


lu
Mira, you listed 10 people. Perhaps a core of 10 is okay?
Strix
10-20 is the span of the possible core
Mira
Well, that seems a good 'balance'. The other thing is that in the group structure, 10 'roles' is all we can have. 'Everyone' plus 9. Actually, 'everyone' and 'owner' plus 8.

Tera
I would love environmental discussions
Strix
I am Msc in environment
Mira
Well, why don't we make 'discussions' as something we all organise?

Mira
Actually Lu .... that would be a good exercise: to get everyone's stories of how they came to be here.
Zen
Vellora brought me here and Ari brought her here
lu
We need something to put on the members page. Maybe that would be a good thing
Mira
Yeah, I think it would be an excellent thing.
Strix
Sounds good. Then the web page might attract the right people


Mira
Well, that's what I mean about recruitment: to keep the group vital and 'energised', we do need to introduce new people here. And we also have Facebook. So between here, our blog page and Facebook and Tera doing publicity/promotion on SL SEARCH that should keep the energy flowing I think. In the past, I think we've all become lethargic and bored and stale.
Strix
I will put my singing and Sandias piano on Events. Sunshine / Zen should be there too
Tera
The only way to list on SL Search that I could find was with paid classified ads, But listing on the Events Page is free
lu
I've updated the calendar so now it's got the piano recitals
Mira
That is what Tera is going to be looking after: promoting what we do here on SL. The other thing is for special events, seeing if we can get in to the Destination Guide
Strix
5 events per day and person. You must have host status
Tera
Strix :) tell me all you know please
Mira
Yes, Tera does have the ability to host events

Mira
Well, as Zen said, we don’t want to get too busy
Zen
Gonna need a bigger place
Mira
I wouldn't like us to be busy, busy, busy all the time. We need to find the balance between 'energised' and frantic.
Zen
yeh can worry about 'too many' when it happens
Tera
I enjoy being free to do other things :)
Zen
I do a lot of other things in SL. That’s the reason why I can’t be here often.
Mira
Yes ... that's a good point Tera .... whatever roles or responsibilities that people take on, we don't want it to become 'burdensome'
Tera
Yeah.. Mira that was what the Event Page placing made me. Plus the landing point is fixed.

Mira
So did we actually agree that each one of us would try and introduce new people to the group?
Strix
agree
Tera
That seems the most practical way Mira :)


No comments :

Post a Comment